Friday, September 02, 2005

House Hunted


Well, hopefully I've now found THE ONE. After seeing about 20 houses in and around Melbourne today I'll be putting an application in on a brand new 4 bedroom house in a place called Bentleigh. Its a suburb of the city, 5-10 mins from beach, 2 minute walk to some shops and a 15 minute tram ride to the heart of Melbourne. Sorted. Well it will be if they accept the offer anyway (*gulp*). I want everyone to keep their fingers crossed.

Now my next task is to find a car for Maxine (* no Geoff I don't want you to put me incontact with Toyota cars of Australia thanks ! *)...... and a babyseat, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer...... 50" Plasma (oops how did that slip onto the list ?).

Off to the very centre of Melbourne today to sample its (and I quote the Lonely Planet guide here) ... "wit, style and energy, cobbled alleys and modest doorways concealing an astonishing array of world class arts, cuisines, design, music, bars & shops". See, I'm full of culture me.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Martin - I could put you in contact with Toyota of Australia if you want. Sort you out with a nice Ute. Whatever that is.

Anonymous said...

Carolann was wanting to know is her bedroom on the front or at the rear. she would prefer a decent view. kids arent too fussy they will bunk up in your room. see you soon

The Hawkins's said...

Kevin,

How soon is soon ?? Need to know when to pack up and leave !