I thought I'd start keeping a log of the things I found strange when I spend my first few weeks in Australia......it will be interesting to see if I still think they are strange when we get back to the UK.
Here goes for starters....
1) Heinz Baked beans are sold in two types, one with 'English Recipe'.
2) They don't know what Castlemaine XXXX is (!)
3) The banks all shut at 4:00pm all week...handy that.
4) There are loads of 'drive through' off licences - great !!
5) People think 10 degrees C must be freezing point.
6) People think $1.25 per litre of petrol is disgusting... (56 pence !!)
7) A 'Milk Bar' is a newsagent.
8) Obsession with Aussie Rules (footie).
9) Slot machines are called 'Pokies'...took me 3 weeks to work that one out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aye mate, good to see that you are settling in nicely.
Any photos of kylie look at likes?
I'm not sure if I'm the freak or the idiot, probably both. (No comments from anyone please !!!)
I could supply you with Kylie look alike pics John but sadly you're now a married man and you're not allowed to look at other women.
Post a Comment