Saturday, September 03, 2005

Shouldn't joke.....


I knew I shouldn't joke about crashing......

Picture the scene, me, careful new driver in a foreign country parked up at a set of traffic lights on a very busy junction in suburban Melbourne. There I was, minding my own business when ..... *bang*. Spotty, brace wearing 'sheila', aged about 20 tried to take the bumper off via the right rear corner of my newly supplied company car. I've had the car a total of 3 days.

No injuries to either party but the embarassment of having to fill in the company accident form before I've even started the new job was not something I was hoping to have to do really. Still, at least it wasn't a tram....now that would be embarassing (!)

Some good news later in the day though, I have now secured our home for the next 18 months. I'll move in on Monday 12th September.

I'll send our new address & phone number out on e-mail.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

Wouldn't have happened if you'd been in a Toyota.

The Hawkins's said...

Walking away from the accident you mean ? I'd probably have a write off on my hands.