
Headed into the centre of Melbourne on Saturday to do a bit of the tourist stuff and wander around the streets taking in all the new sights. (I took the train to avoid further mis-hap!).
The city centre is choc full of places to do damage to your credit card, particularly the amount of clothes shops I'm now going to have to keep Maxine away from. The resturants and generally the food here is amazing. It has a bit of both America & England in the overall feel of the place. The skyscrapers & cars remind you of America but some of the buildings and peoples attitudes are very English like.
Anyway, after much browsing the shopping area I headed to Federation Square which was hosting a New Zealand cultural day. I stood out like a sore thumb in the square with thousands of Mauri people and other Kiwi's milling around. There was a world record attempt on the largest Haka ever to take place (so if you see me in the 2006 edition of the Guiness Book Of Records you know why!).... that was all happening before the big screens were about to show New Zealand vs Australia in the Tri-Nations. Decided not to hang around for that !
So for next time you watch New Zealand rugby players doing a strange dance before a game, you can all join in and impress your friends with the following 'lyrics' sung in a fearsome way (with your tounge hanging out at frequent points) ....
KA MATE
Ka Mate
Ka Mate
Ka Ora
Ka Ora
Ka Mate
Ka Mate
Ka Ora
Ka Ora
Tenei te tangata
Puhuruhuru
Nana nei i tiki mai
Whakawhiti te ra !
Upane! Kaupane!
Upane Kaupane!
Whiti te ra!
3 comments:
You should have stayed for the rugby - the Kiwis would have been running riot after whopping the Ozzies - they would have put a fair stack of 'tinnies' away at the very least.
Same goes for the Ozzies like. On Sundays in Perth they tend to go out and get completely blasted....just because its the last day of the weekend and they've got to go to work tomorrow. Still - probably not a good idea if its your _first_ day at work!
How come I only hear about this now? I'm a week behind Geoff and Dunk in slagging your blogs off. But for what it's worth, nice car. Reminds me of that little fast black number you had...
Yeah but I couldn't fit 2 kids in the little black number. This is far more safe, secure, big enough, practic...ZZZZzzzzzzzz.
Post a Comment