Well, almost 18 hours gone and the sickness in the stomach hasn't abaited just yet. Not since the dark days of playing quality clubs like QPR, Derby, Coventry etc etc in the '80s when I was a mere lad have things been this bad. The joke that is Newcastle United FC, for those that don't know what the hell I'm on about, has been relegated, cast into the wilderness of bloody Doncaster Rovers territory for next years bleak season. Being 12,000 miles away just made it worse.....I can't wallow in self pity with my workmates, no instead, I get the pleasure of setting the alarm at 2:00am to watch overpaid donkeys wondering who's going to pay them next season ('cos it sure won't be Newcastle). Disaster. Two messiahs in one season couldn't even save them. Where do we go from here? Aussie Rules is starting to look attractive.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Toon Doon
Well, almost 18 hours gone and the sickness in the stomach hasn't abaited just yet. Not since the dark days of playing quality clubs like QPR, Derby, Coventry etc etc in the '80s when I was a mere lad have things been this bad. The joke that is Newcastle United FC, for those that don't know what the hell I'm on about, has been relegated, cast into the wilderness of bloody Doncaster Rovers territory for next years bleak season. Being 12,000 miles away just made it worse.....I can't wallow in self pity with my workmates, no instead, I get the pleasure of setting the alarm at 2:00am to watch overpaid donkeys wondering who's going to pay them next season ('cos it sure won't be Newcastle). Disaster. Two messiahs in one season couldn't even save them. Where do we go from here? Aussie Rules is starting to look attractive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gutted mate but expected, what a total shit season even by our standards!!!!!!! still has not sunk in
Post a Comment