Monday, November 03, 2008

Aussie Bloodbath

Well, Jinxy and I went to the Australia vs England rugby league world cup last night and as per my prediction ..... we were murdered (52 - 4). After 7 minutes into the game the slide into the worst EVER England defeat in rugby league world cup history unfolded before our very eyes. Now I'm not exactly the world's biggest rugby league fan in the world, it has to be said .... but it was England playing Australia at something. Even the Aus vs England tiddlywinks championships would get a decent crowd - but once again, humiliation at the hands of the Aussies took place. Memories of the Ashes at the MCG on Boxing Day came flooding back. I'm looking forward to holding citizenship in 2009. Maybe then I can switch my allegences and support a team that wins !!! At least Darren saw some history in the making. For all the wrong reasons. I bet the country from St.Helens to Leeds is hanging its head in shame!

No comments: