Monday, October 20, 2008

Links at the Lough

The time has come when my next project is unveiled.... Bored with waiting for the swimming pool area to be finished (and the fact that there was some spare concrete to build a tee!) I've now ventured into being a Nick Faldo type golf course builder. The back yard was in much need of it I've assured Maxine. SO - off I set on my internet research for golf course suppliers to get my tee, flag & some range balls. Got them, next for the hard part - trying to build the 18th. Flattening the area has been somewhat troublesome. After 4 days of stomping, 5 cubic metres of soil, digging up blackberry runners (I think I may of missed a few) ... and lots of sweat, we were ready for seed and water. Now done, nature just needs to take its course and I'll then be playing like Tiger Woods on steriods. So next time I'm in town, thats it folks, the gauntlet has been laid. I WILL be deadly from 50 yards.... and no boys, thats nothing to do with how far I can fling a club. See the toil here.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Nice sand trap Martin, where's the green?

Oh, and good shovelling technique btw, we'll make a trench digger out of you yet!

Anonymous said...

This main picture on the blog shows the same stance/motion you adopted just before you lost it on the 7th at longhirst, snapping your 7 iron over your knee and throwing it in the lake. Is the shovel in the picture now in two bits?

The Hawkins's said...

Just goes to show the police these days are willing to say anything for a good story. "Yes he fell down the stairs and broke his arm as I was trying to get him into the van." etc etc ! In fact the true story is more like a club being thrown on the ground and it snapping (down to Dunks cheap ASDA clubs I think!). Never trust the police kids.....they lie.