
This week I've been across in sunny & very humid Toronto. It's the third time I've been there but the first for more than a couple of days so finally got my bearings there a bit.... And as I know a Canadian (with a British accent when he feels like it!), I thought I'd look him up in case he felt rejected from his Brit come Aussie friend..... So here is a picture of me & Jason close to Toronto's famous (in Maple leaf land anyway) CN Tower. Jason was very generous with his beer purchasing to repay me from plucking him from obscurity when we both worked at Nestle (well he turned up occasionally anyway!). Many years ago, recognising talent when I see it, I promptly offered the best and most highly qualified man a job in the IT department. Unfortunately he rejected the job and I had to employ Jason instead. Anyways, he finally made enough trouble in the UK and had to leave before his British passport was revoked. He now resides in Ontario where criminal records are nothing to be worried about ;-)
In case you're wondering, yes he will be reading this at some point.
Good to see you again Jase (and even better to see you Anna !)
1 comment:
Come on Martin, you know the real reason I joined the department was that I was the only one in the whole warehouse who would actually work for you. Tyrant.
However, it was great to see you on this side of the pond. Although I think you should be more greatful of the long journey Anna and I had to take to get to you. A whole two hour drive! All you had to do was get on a plane and order round after round of drinks while lying horizontal in a Business Class seat. You poor lad.
I guess now we have to visit you...there's always a catch isn't there...
Post a Comment