Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Good Life

Just like Tom & Barbara from the 1970s sitcom, I've developed a strange desire to plant things in the back garden that you can eat (no not magic mushrooms). Yes, I've now spend several back breaking hours not only planting Satsuma, Lemon and Grapefruit trees but also building a huge planter box for a veggie patch. I'm now contemplating lime & apple tress this next weekend.... Whats happening to me ? I'm turning into a latter day Percy Thrower. Maybe I can feel retirement knocking on the door....little does he know that I've got several hundred more years to pay the mortgage off. Anyway - whatever's happening - for those few misguided souls who may be interested in my plants - here are some pictures ! Maxine will be laughing on the other side of her face when my lettuces come up I can tell you.....

P.S. Thanks to Mam & Dad for providing the very dangerous power tools for my birthday so that I could construct my new found vegetable habit.

No comments: