Friday, August 03, 2007

Roman Northumberland

Just before we left for Aus we took the kids for their first cultural tour of the North. Just as I'm sure it did when I was a kid, it poured down with rain just as we arrived at Vindolanda on Hadrian's Wall. The rain & 4" deep mud on the site wasn't what Maxine had dressed for.... Non-the-less, we hadn't come all this way to stay in the car so we braved the English "summer" to go around the ruins just as I did when I was last there when I was 10 or so. The kids weren't too impressed looking at the Roman ruins but perked up a bit when Ethan found the shop and the plastic swords. You just can't educate 4 year olds can you !

We've got back to Oz safely now and are back in the swing of work / nursery (depending on your age).

No comments: