
Well, the Commonwealth Games finished on a high last night with the city in full party swing well into the night. We went into the city with the folks (who arrived safe & sound the day before) to have a meal around 4:00pm and then strolled along the Yarra river to see the commonwealth 'fish' do their stuff. The city was packed, there must of been a couple of hundred thousand people watching various events and the closing of the games itself. I won't bang on too much about how great it was .... but it was a fantastic night. I've never been too interested in the Commonwealth Games but having it on your doorstep is a different story. Hopefully the closing ceremony looked just as good on UK TV as it did here.
The English atheletes have let me down badly however. I now have to face the fact that the Australians won 84 gold medals compared to our pathetic 36.... with a population 1/3 of the size. At least we beat the Canadian's (sorry Jason !) and the South African's (sorry Zoe !).... ;-)
We've been lucky to be in Melbourne for the experience, something I doubt we'll forget. Good on 'ya Melbourne.
No comments:
Post a Comment