Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Office

Well, that weatherman (aka the Taxi Driver) yesterday got it right, the weather did change. Its been blowing a gale & threatening to rain all day.... I feel really at home now.

Went to our offices on St.Kilda road today to collect the car & phone and fill in yet more paperwork. Ended up with a Ford Fairmont (...no I'd never heard of one either) Auto with 4.0 litre V6 in 'Grandad Green' .... not my choice but it'll do until I can change it next May. I managed not to hit any trams driving back to the apartment reading a map though which was quite an achivement.

In the afternoon spent the day in the Brighton, Hampton, Elwood area next to the coast. Looked at 3 houses but none that I'd go for. Can't get used to these 'bungalow' type houses you see on Neighbours.... The woman showing me around is near 60 I recon, so how in touch she is with us 'Thirtysomething' Brits in housing terms is anyones guess. We'll soon see. Back on the trail tomorrow.

Over and out.

2 comments:

The Hawkins's said...

I wondered who would be first to pass comment on that.

No, suprise it was you....

Geoff said...

Nothing much happening here either, Martin.

Oh, except that we signed Michael Owen today and we're going to win the league now.

By the way, Ford Fairmonts are pish.